Great job Affiliates!
The National Endowment for the Humanities announced more than $39 million will be awarded to nonprofit organizations including the following Affiliate initiatives:
- Denver Museum of Nature & Science (Denver, CO) $300,000
To support a project to rehouse an archaeology collection of 72,000 objects that focuses on North America. The artifacts will be moved to the LEED-certified Avenir Collections Center and placed on custom-created storage mounts and in new cabinetry.
- Mystic Seaport Museum (Mystic, CT) $154,811
To support a four-week institute for twenty college and university faculty to study the social, cultural, and environmental history of American maritime regions.
- Kentucky Historical Society (Lexington, KY) $300,000
To prepare for digital publication of the papers of the governors of Kentucky during the Civil War.
- Mississippi Department of Archives and History (Jackson, MS) $274,175
To progress the Mississippi Digital Newspaper Project, Phase Three
- National Museum of American Jewish History (Philadelphia, PA) $250,000
To implement a traveling exhibition about American composer Leonard Bernstein on the centennial of his birth.
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West (Cody, WY) $200,000
To upgrade environmental controls and improve fire and security systems at the Cody Firearms Museum, which houses a collection of 7,000 firearms and more than 20,000 related objects chronicling the development of firearms from 1425 to the present.
Humanities Nebraska recently awarded a $5,500 grant to the Strategic Air Command & Aerospace Museum (Ashland, NE) for the case and signage of a new exhibit on Astronaut Clayton Anderson.