The Smithsonian Affiliate Reciprocal Membership Program is a network of Smithsonian Affiliate museums and educational organizations. Smithsonian members from one of the participating Affiliate organizations (see list of Affiliates link below) who present a current Smithsonian Affiliate membership card are entitled to the following privileges at participating Affiliates:
- Free Admission
- Member discounts on purchases made on the premises for concert and lecture tickets
- Discounts in gift stores
- Family memberships: Reciprocal admission benefits for a family membership must MUST be accompanied by verification of a family membership by presenting their home Affiliate membership card
- There is no fee for Affiliates to add the reciprocal benefit to their membership offerings.
- An updated list of Affiliates offering the reciprocal benefit will be provided online for participating Affiliates and members to use for promotional purposes and verification at admission desks.
- Each Affiliate is responsible for marketing and promoting the Smithsonian Affiliate Reciprocal Membership information to its own members.
For Smithsonian Affiliate membership administrators:
- Reciprocal privileges do not include mailings from other reciprocal organizations.
- Participation in the reciprocal program continues on an annual basis from year to year. The program is limited to your Smithsonian Affiliate members only. To discontinue participation in the reciprocal program, the Affiliate must submit a written form to Affiliations in January in accordance to the annual cycle.
- To join the reciprocal network, complete the registration form and return by email or fax.
For more information about participating in the reciprocal program, contact Christina Di Meglio Lopez email@example.com or at 202.633.5303.