Logos & Taglines
Affiliate Co-Branding Guidelines
Smithsonian Affiliates are the only group outside the Smithsonian that has permission to use special, co-branded Smithsonian logos. Affiliates are encouraged to take advantage of the logos and taglines provided in this area for use on marketing materials, brochures and signage. All use of these taglines and logos must be reviewed and approved by the Affiliations office.
As per the Smithsonian Affiliations policy, “all Affiliate uses of the Smithsonian name, logo, tagline and the names of individual Smithsonian museums are subject to Smithsonian approval; Affiliates shall submit requests in writing, with appropriate designs and examples, and may not proceed to use in any manner without written approval from the Smithsonian. The Smithsonian name and logo may not be used by an Affiliate for fundraising purposes except for specific, mutually agreed collaboration activities, between the Affiliate and the Smithsonian, and only with the prior written approval from the appropriate Smithsonian office(s).”
Logos are available in several formats. Questions about Smithsonian logo use may be directed to Elizabeth Fingar, Communications and Professional Development Manager, FingarE@si.edu, or your National Outreach Manager.
Smithsonian Affiliate logo
- Smithsonian Affiliate Logo Lowdown: Quick overview of using the Affiliate logo
- Detailed guide to communicating the impact of your new Smithsonian Affiliation
- How to include the Smithsonian Affiliations boilerplate in your media releases
- Smithsonian Affiliations Fact Sheet
- Sign up your team to receive The Affiliate eNewsletter for opportunities to collaborate with the Smithsonian
An easy way to promote your Smithsonian Affiliation is using one of the approved taglines:
“In Association with the Smithsonian” or “A Smithsonian Affiliate”