Organizations interested in affiliating with the Smithsonian Institution must submit a proposal to Smithsonian Affiliations.
All proposals should include the following:
- A cover letter or statement describing the various ways in which the organization envisions collaborating with the Smithsonian Institution, its museums, education and outreach offices, and research branches.
- A completed Profile Summary Sheet
- Documentation of 501(c)(3) status or status as government-operated entity
- For applicants organized as 501(c)(3) only: Copies of Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax, for the previous two years
- Organization’s mission statement
- Organizational chart
- Annual reports for the past two years (if available)
- Collections Management Policy
- A completed American Alliance of Museums Standard Facilities Report. Please contact us with any questions.
Please submit two (2) original copies of the proposal to:
P.O. Box 37012
Washington, DC 20013-7012
To send via FedEx or UPS, please mail to:
470 L’Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC 20024