In addition to the information requested on the form, please submit the following with your application:
If you feel that any of these documents does not pertain to your organization and, thus, are not included in your application, please provide a brief statement indicating which documents are not included and why.
- Institutional Code of Ethics
- Current Strategic Plan
- Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Plan If you do not have a formal plan, please tell us if emergency preparedness is part of a parent or related organization’s plan. If there is no plan, please let us know.
- Collections Management Policy (for collecting institutions only)
- American Alliance of Museums’ General Facilities Report (GFR)
- Form 990 for 2 Years. If your organization does not file a 990, please include a current and previous year’s institutional budget. For applicants that are subsidiaries of a parent organization and do not file 990s, please provide two years of budgets for the subsidiary organization and include an explanation of what costs or activities are covered by the parent.
- Last available annual report
- Organizational chart
- Full staff list with contact information**
- 2-page resumes of key staff, including the executive director, communications specialist, lead curator, lead educator, and registrar
- Letter signed by the organization’s Executive Director indicating why your organization wishes to become a Smithsonian Affiliate and how your organization envisions working with the Smithsonian
**Please note that if your organization is accepted as a Smithsonian Affiliate, staff members will be signed up to receive The Affiliate eNewsletter each month, highlighting Smithsonian opportunities and news for Affiliates. Staff may choose to opt-out at any time.