Smithsonian Affiliations is able to offer a small number of scholarships in the amount of $1,000 to help support Affiliates’ attendance at the 2020 Smithsonian Affiliations National Conference. Registration fees* for scholarship recipients will be waived; scholarship funds may be used for travel, lodging, and other associated costs. The applicant must be at an Affiliate organization in good standing and demonstrate that they would not be able to attend the conference without support.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship is 5:00 p.m. EDT on March 27, 2020. All applicants will be notified of the status of their request by April 17. Awardees will be required to complete additional paperwork to receive scholarship funds.
Complete applications must include the following:
1. A current resume or CV (no more than 2 pages)
2. A letter of recommendation from your supervisor or director
3. An essay of no more than 500 words addressing:
- A. How your participation will contribute to the conversation around the conference theme, Bolder Together.
- B. How your participation will contribute to your professional growth.
- C. How you plan to apply knowledge from the conference to your work.
*Waived fees include registration for the awardee only. Any guest fees for special events will be the responsibility of the awardee.