Affiliations Virtual Conference Scholarship
Smithsonian Affiliations is able to offer a small number of scholarships to help support Affiliates’ attendance at the Smithsonian Affiliations Virtual Conference. A limited number of scholarships are available for Institutional and Individual registration types. The applicant must be at an Affiliate organization in good standing and demonstrate that they would not be able to attend the conference without support.
The deadline to apply for a scholarship is 5:00 p.m. EDT on August 1, 2022. All applicants will be notified of the status of their request by August 31. Awardees will be required to complete additional paperwork to receive scholarship funds.
Complete applications must include the following:
1. A letter of recommendation from your supervisor or director
2. An essay of no more than 500 words addressing:
- A. How your Individual participation will contribute to your professional growth. (If applying as an individual)
- B. How you plan to apply knowledge from the conference to your work (if applying as an individual)
- C. How your staff plan to apply knowledge from the conference to your organization's work (if applying as an institution)
- D. How staff participating in the virtual conference will contribute to your organization's strategic goals (if applying as an institution)