Save the date!
We’ll see you June 23-26, 2019 for our next Smithsonian Affiliations National Conference. Because we’ve decided to return to an early summer date, we have so much time to plan the best experience for our Affiliates.
This year we are thinking about the following topic areas.
- Women’s History: How can we deepen our understanding of women’s contributions to America and the world through exhibitions, programs, and collections?
- Earth Optimism: How can we change our focus from problem to solution, from a sense of loss to one of hope, in the dialogue about conservation and sustainability?
- Digital First: How can we use digital tools and technologies to engage with our audiences in new ways?
- Leveraging the Smithsonian Partnership: How can we maximize branding, membership, and programming to yield high-impact and engaging activities with new and renewing audiences?
- Creating Communities of Engagement: How can we inspire new thinking? Where can we find common ground to spark new partnerships? How can we encourage new people to get involved?
Do you have ideas for sessions or are you interested in submitting a proposal? Stay tuned for more information or contact us with any questions or comments.
The Smithsonian Affiliations National Conference is for current Smithsonian Affiliates only. If you are interested in learning more about a Smithsonian Affiliation, please contact us. If you are interested in sponsor or exhibitor opportunities during the National Conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.