The Smithsonian Institution Office of General Counsel invites you to attend the forty-fourth annual Legal Issues in Museum Administration conference, to be held Wednesday through Friday, April 6-8, 2016, in Los Angeles at the Getty Center and Loews Hollywood Hotel.Â Smithsonian Affiliates may use the code CX006SME for a 30% discount on tuition (in person or webcast).Â Do register soon if you plan to attend in person; in 2015 the program sold out early.Â Registration and conference schedule are available online:Â https://www.ali-cle.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=courses.course&course_code=CX006
The planning committee, chaired by the Smithsonian, has selected an outstanding faculty from museums, the entertainment industry, private practice, and higher education in order to provide a diversity of perspectives and lively presentations, and in-person attendance could not be more appealing.Â Highlights include:
- Keynote address by Dr. James Cuno, President and CEO of the J. Paul Getty Trust
- Current copyright issues by David Nimmer, editor of Nimmer on Copyright
- Guidance on publicity and privacy rights in museum collections
- Practical sessions on hot topics: cybersecurity, diversity, mobile technologies
- All Wednesday sessions at the Getty Center Los Angeles
Those who attend in person will have the opportunity to engage with faculty and other attendees during networking lunches and evening receptions at the Getty Center and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.Â We are grateful to this yearâ€™s sponsors for their support of this rich program and exciting receptions, along with complimentary transportation to and from the Getty Center and LACMA.