2013 National Conference: Connect, Collaborate, Engage!
Join us in Washington, D.C., June 10-12, 2013! Each year we try to raise the bar a little higher and create an unforgettable conference where unexpected connections are made, new collaborations are forged, and new ideas are discovered.
As we begin planning the 2013 Affiliations National Conference, we’d like to hear from our Affiliates. Tell us what sessions you’d like. Is there a behind-the-scenes tour you’d like to see? Is there a Smithsonian expert you’re dying to hear from? Is there a topic you’d like to hear more about? We want to know! Email Elizabeth Bugbee with your ideas.
Perhaps you have a session idea of your own you’d like to present? We are opening up the conference to Affiliate session proposals. Click here for our Session Proposal Form.
Please follow these guidelines when submitting a proposal:
- Session idea must be a collaborative opportunity which aims to reach out to larger, more diverse audiences.
- Session idea must align with one of the Smithsonian’s grand challenges:
– Unlocking the Mysteries of the Universe
– Understanding and Sustaining a Biodiverse Planet
– Valuing World Cultures
– Understanding the American Experience
– Revitalizing Education
- We’d like the conference sessions to be as participatory as possible, so sessions that ask attendees to actively participate are encouraged.
Let’s make the 2013 Affiliations National Conference the best yet!
The Smithsonian Affiliations National Conference is for current Affiliates only. If you are interested in becoming an Affiliate, please contact Elizabeth Bugbee for more information.
Created with Admarket’s flickrSLiDR.